Move8 is a fitness movement that advocates wellness education and action, making fitness accessible to all layers of society. The movement was founded by founders of health & wellness media website Asia Fitness Today and podcast co-hosts Nikki Yeo & Jasmine Low as a way to get more people moving, head outdoors to enjoy nature and living their best lives. The duo scour the Asia Pacific region in search of everyday heroes who use their own fitness for good and find out what’s their secret to happiness.
The Move8 Fitness Podcast launched with the first episode featuring health advocate Sally Sukkar from the ME Movement (www.me-movement.com.au). Based out of Sydney, Australia, Sally helps people look and feel great in movement, mindset and health.
Here’s a list of her credentials:
- Bachelor Of Exercise and Sport Science (Majoring in health promotion)
- Sports Nutrition Certificate
- 4x bodybuilding competitor
- Kettlebell, TRX, SPIN, Powerlifting, Olympic lifting qualifications (psst just to name a few)
- Rolling out a foundations of movement course
- Sally also loves her food and family
- Sally sings! No really, she does! Listen until the end of the podcast.
The podcast series aims to create a snowball of activity, exercise and action to get people back into shape and healthy post-pandemic.
In the second episode, we meet Ryan Hogan, CEO of Les Mills Asia Pacific who is pursuing a mission for a fitter, healthier planet! Originally from Canada, Ryan has been spearheading the fitness industry for the last two decades and one of his best known work is at FILEX – THE largest leading Fitness Education Event. He oversees Les Mills in over 14 countries from Canberra, Australia to Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Maldives, Guam and Papua New Guinea. Read the full transcript here.